I don’t think that 2012 was ever deemed the official year of the pizza, but it certainly did its best to dominate the news cycle. I’m bias, but I don’t think there was another food (except Twinkies maybe) that made as many headlines. I covered a majority of those standout stories right here on Pizza Walk With Me so I thought it would be a great time to look back and remember the unofficial year of the pizza.
- World’s Largest Pizza Made in Italy
- New York Buoyed by Pizza during Hurricane Sandy
- Andrew W.K. got a pizza guitar (presumably for a hardcore pizza party)
- The $450 lobster pizza in British Columbia, Canada
- Pizza Vending Machine Heading to America
- Apple Hired a Pizza Maker - iPizza?
- Girl Eats Nothing But Pizza for Eight Years
- Pizza Brain, The Pizza Museum Opened in Philadelphia - Here’s my Interview with the guy behind the food there, Joe Hunter.
- A pizza calendar!
- Pizza notebooks!
- Pizza Cone hit the big time!
- Pizza Dog Twitter Account graces the Internet - one of my favorite pizza focused accounts.
What a peculiar list. From the largest pizza ever created to a museum dedicated to pizza paraphernalia, pizza hit the big time. I have no doubt that in 2013 we’ll see a number of pizza innovations. Whether that’s new technology, techniques, or records. The pizza community is bubbling with excitement and is poised to grow faster than dough injected with yeast and set to ferment at room temperature for 24 hours. To 2013: The Year of the Pizza!